Digital Marketing Consulting
Fundamentally, Digital Marketing & Management Consultants advise their clients about their overall web presence. This encompasses everything from how to create or redesign it, improve or refine it, or market or promote it. They use various digital marketing strategies and techniques to accomplish their client's goals, challenges, or needs-based upon their own knowledge, expertise, and experience.
They usually take responsibility for a company's entire digital presence online, including helping successfully drive results through the web.
What Do Consultants Do?
- Advise clients about their web presence
- Develop and communicate digital policies & procedures to staff
- Share standards and best practices
- Develop cohesive internet strategies to incorporate into existing business models
- Help clients meet their digital business goals, which could include:
- Create or redesign their website
- Create or monitor the Brand online
- Market or promote their website online thru the appropriate search/social/advertising channels
- Develop content and/or imagery to appeal to their target audiences
- Develop marketing or advertising campaigns to reach sales or other goals through:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising
- Social Media marketing and advertising
- Content Development for lead generation
What Do Consultants Know?
- How to create websites
- How to develop and monitor campaign budgets
- How to manage social media platforms
- How to prepare reports to measure performance
- How to coordinate with other technical, design, advertising and media experts to improve marketing results
- How to evaluate important metrics and analytics related to web traffic, campaigns, audience, etc.
- How to work with other team members and departments to brainstorm new ideas and strategies
- Identify the latest trends and technologies affecting the industry
- What the best practices are
- How to oversee and manage other types of digital projects
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Consultant?
- Time: They can save you valuable time trying to learn constantly changing technologies and techniques
- Money: They can save you money by recommending strategies that don’t waste financial resources or lead to costly mistakes
- Flexibility: They can complete work on a flexible schedule, given deadlines and meetings, either in the office or at home
- Effort: They can test, monitor, and manage the strategies implemented to ensure things are working properly
- Updates: They can make changes and adjustments as needed to campaigns, websites, hosting, etc. over time
Things To Think About When Using A Consultant
What does your business really need?
What amount of budget are you willing to commit to consulting, including the associated costs of implementing projects and campaigns themselves?
How much do their services cost, by project or by the hour?
What kind of firm or consultant do you want to work with, either large or small?
What work have they done for other clients?
Are they professional and easy to work with?